Useful Info

ElectricianMan Logo


Serving the greater Houston area with quality electric service.

Click To View Our Promo!


Did You Know?

Electricians, Plumbers, and HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) techs can not engage in business with any person, private or public, without maintaining a current and valid MASTER LICENSE issued by the state in which the contractor is to perform the work. Additionally, a state contracting license is also required.

If an individual is not licensed and wants to engage, he or she must inform you that "they are not licensed!" This means that you take on all liability. That's very dangerous. If the unlicensed contractor is caught, he will face all the charges of the regulating department, including fines and other penalties.

An Apprentice, Journeyman, or Laborer is only permitted to work under the direct supervision of a Master License holder.

General Contractors are not required to be licensed, but it is still required that anyone performing:

1.) Electric

2.) Plumbing

3.) HVAC

Hold current licensing as mentioned above (still requires a master license holder on site for each trade). It is illegal for a contractor to utilize UNLICENSED personnel to perform the above mentioned work.

Always ask. Any licensed individual is required to have a copy of their license on hand for your inspection, at your request.

Protect your investment! Use only Licensed Contractors.

Check the licensing of Texas contractors at https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/LicenseSearch/

For information about water-damaged electrical equipment, including AC units, check here: https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/electricians/NEMA%20Evaluating%20Water-Damaged%20Electrical%20Equipment.pdf

Celebrating 38 years in Business Texas_State_image Serving Houston, TX

“Regulated by The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, P. O. Box 12157, Austin, Texas 78711, 1-800-803-9202, 512-463-6599; website: www.tdlr.texas.gov/complaints”